Wednesday 22 December 2010

Tiny Shale Spider:Obtained!

This post is a bit late considering when I actually bagged this pet, But most of my posts will be a bit muddled with the time line for now. I actually got this little guy on 8/12/10 I think I got the servers first or second one!
It is the [Tiny Shale Spider] a drop from a rare spawn called Jadefang, located high up in a cave, within a cave called the Crumbling Depths in Deepholme.
The cave is not reach-able by normal means. Supposedly you're meant to wait until the daily quest; Underground Economy pops up, This is obtained from a Goblin called Ricket inside the Crumbling Depths. You get given a bunch of bombs and have to blow up crystals to obtain some crystal shards, Upon using the bomb you get a knockback effect. You use this to your advantage and position yourself with your back to the cave where Jadefang is located and blast yourself up into the cave, Kill the rarespawn Jadefang and loot your [Tiny Shale Spider]!
But wait, it's the second day of Cataclysm, I can target Jadefang from the floor beneath the cave because I know it's name, and I know it's there.. A lot of other people aren't aware of this little treasure yet, Ricket the Goblin isn't there to give the quest, Time to think of alternative ways to grab this little beasty! I can't waste time.
Another option to exploding yourself into the cave is of course the Engineering; Nitro Boosts, When they malfunction they blast you up into the air! Providing you position yourself correctly this is a totally viable way of getting up into Jadefang's cave. I must've spent about 2 hours clicking my Nitro boosts every 2 mins but to no avail, they did not malfunction once!

So Just how did I get the pet?

Fine, I'll put my hands up and admit it! I haxxed!
Nah not really, Well.. sort of, if you count exploiting as haxxing, I basically got fed up of using my Nitro boosts after I starting getting a lot of attention. People doing various quests in the Crumbling Depths saw me standing on a rock, spamming my Nitro's wondering 'Wtf is that DK doing?'.
People started to hang around by me and look where I was trying to go, some people even noticed the cave and were trying to get into it. Now I had not played Beta or PTR so I didn't actually know HOW to get the pet at all, I wasn't sure if the gnome mage hanging round my ankles could some how blink into the cave, or a warrior heroic leap and charge a mob in the cave. So of course I got a little concerned and my desperation to grab the pet increased. So the method I took to getting the pet was; evacuating the cave, mounting up on my [Celestial Steed], and flying into the cave mouth, Pulling the plug on my net, fly to Jadefang's cave, shove the cable back in and praying it wouldn't DC me. It took me about 3 attempts to get in there. Then I whacked Jadefang on the head and looted my new pet. \o/

Click for Fullview

No comments:

Post a Comment